Saturday, April 1, 2017

Girl's Day Out vs Boy's Day Out

We had a large order ready to pick up at Lowe's for upcoming renovation projects and needed to drive into Show Low to pick it up.  Why not make it a fun girl's day out?  So, despite the snow, a friend and I headed out in a 4 wheel drive truck yesterday.   We stopped in art, gift, antique, and clothing shops and were delighted with our purchases.  We went to a lovely place for lunch in between shops and finally ended up at Lowe's where my friend purchased wood, pots and paint for a garden project and I had the truck loaded with my order.  It was a fun and lovely day.

 Not to be outdone, my husband decided to have a fun boy's day out.  Jim likes to hike with our dog, but some of the local trails have had a lot of trees fall across them, making it difficult to navigate. He invited a friend over and despite snow falling and a temperature of 34 degrees, off they went this afternoon, chainsaws in hand, to make it easier for people to hike the trails.  I'm sure they're having wonderful conversation about where they bought their chainsaws, horsepower, maintenance, durability, what they've cut up or down.

I love my husband and he loves me, but it sure is nice for both of us to have friends who like to do the things we consider fun when the other doesn't!  When he gets back I won't ask him if he had a fun and lovely time of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment