Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dancing Through Europe

I try to make the best of every situation and it occurred to me how humorous this whole breaking a leg thing could be.  First of all, who came up with the idea of telling someone to break a leg before a performance was well wishing?  After my fracture, I don't wish anyone to break a leg...it's painful and inconvenient.

My first dance performance in Europe, was "break" dancing.  That occurred in Germany when I missed the step, fell down and broke my leg.  I did a lot of  " hop" as I was not allowed to put any weight on my leg (not sure how " hip" I looked). I also tried to "swing" on my crutches, but I was pretty bad at that and ended up doing the "bump" when I lost balance and fell.  I have a beauty of a bruise on my back end with that performance.  I stayed away from the classics, such as waltzing and tango.  I did a lot with "rock and roll" bumping over rocky paths in my wheelchair.  And I did "folk" at the local Manx Heritage Museum (folk museum...get it?).

I must confess I've never been a great dancer and have had many missteps when trying.  My tour through Europe is not a performance I wish to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment