Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dream Come True

Many months ago, my husband and I planned a trip to Europe to visit our daughter who was teaching English in Germany.  Our eldest daughter was to join us and we would, in addition to enjoying sites in Germany, travel to London and to the Isle of Man.  My grandfather came to the states from the Isle of Man when he was 6 in the early 1900's.  It was a dream of my children to take a trip with my father and go see his family heritage.  That dream was not realized, as my father was diagnosed with cancer and the trip never happened.  My dear husband suggested this was the time to go, since we would be so close.
Ten years later we landed on the Isle of Man.  We truly enjoyed exploring the Isle.  I am so grateful to my husband for making it happen, especially with the mishap that occurred before we got there.  I really wanted to bring home a couple of the frolicking baby lambs in the pastures, but settled on a couple of miniature stuffed ones instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment