Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Meet Zella!



Today I went in to Springerville with a hardware store list and a grocery list and came home with a free puppy!  Jim and I had a plan to get a full grown, already trained shelter dog in perhaps another year after we had fewer projects at the lodge to undertake.  Plans can change in a moment.  Outside the grocery store were two kids yelling "free puppy!"  A pregnant mom was sitting on the ground holding this adorable black lab mix puppy.  The puppy had been given to her and she decided she couldn't handle both a new baby and a puppy, so she was hoping to find a home for her rather than take her to the shelter.  I tried calling Jim but it went straight to voicemail.  I was in a dilemma...go with my head and just walk away until discussing it with Jim, or go with my heart that was falling for this pup.  After shopping, I came out and they were still there...no takers...another attempt to contact Jim to avail.  So...as you can see I went with the heart and brought the puppy home (after going back in the store for a collar, leash and food).
Lauren and I named her Zella, a good German dog name, to go with our German surname.  We all went for a bounding puppy walk after supper and now Jim and Lauren are both on the living room floor with Zella, tuckered out from her adventures.
Sometimes it's good to go with the heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment