Thursday, June 4, 2015

May Blew Away


The month of May blew through with a mid month snow storm.  Living in Phoenix for 26 years, I lamented the short season to wear winter sweaters.  Now I wondered if I would be able to wear any of my "normal" clothes.  I'm adjusting to our new normal and buying end of season long sleeved shirts.

Jim tilled up our entire back yard, stopping to pick out rocks.  We now have a rock border between us and our neighbor.  Similarly, as I attempted to dig holes to plant rose bushes, I came across more rocks than soil.

The kitchen remodel is creeping along.  The plumbing, electrical, framing, and dry walling were completed and the new cabinets installed.  It's beginning to look like a kitchen again.  We are waiting for an appointment for the counter tops to be measured and for the ordered tile to come in.

It's lovely having our daughter, Lauren, with us for the summer.  She is working at the Greer Cafe and doing some social media work for lodge.  One of her best friends, Haley, arrived to spend the summer with us, helping me with projects and cleaning in the lodge.  Evenings of BBC and chick flicks all summer!  Jim seems to disappear to the game room to watch more manly things.


No comments:

Post a Comment