Thursday, January 5, 2017

Connections

The connections we encounter at the lodge are really amazing.  We had a family who came to play reindeer games we were hosting during Winter Wonderland.  "Grandma" grew up in the neighboring rival town I grew up in, her husband had worked for the mine my father had, and she was attending the church I attended.  We even frequented the same restaurant and agreed they had the BEST Mexican food!
Last week one of our guests mentioned he had attended West Point and after I queried what years he had been there, I wondered if by some remote chance he knew a friend of ours who had also been there during those years.  Turns out they were classmates!
Friends and colleagues, places lived or traveled, interests and faith in common make, not just great conversation over breakfast, but a connectivity in this big world.

No comments:

Post a Comment