Thursday, June 23, 2016

Friday Night Lights


Last Friday night I was headed back to the lodge from Springerville after picking up some groceries. Back in the old days, I was taught to flash my lights to alert an oncoming driver to dim the lights.  It was considered a courtesy and a safety measure then.  I've been doing it for nearly 40 years.  So, after flashing my lights at an oncoming vehicles, I apparently alarmed a deputy sheriff, who turned around to follow me.  When I flashed my lights at more vehicles, I became a renegade.  On went his lights and I pulled over and respectfully listened to him sum up my character as an aggressive driver looking to instigated road rage.  For all of my friends over the past years of my life, you are all probably laughing at the thought.  Sorry, Dad, but I'm going to have to disregard your training and go along with the new ways of not doing things that used to be common sense so I don't ruin my reputation and land in jail for inciting road rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment