Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Yellow Snow and Feeling the Temperature

The weather outside is frightful, but the beautiful snow is delightful, so I sing let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.   But when the dog goes out it becomes....yellow snow, yellow snow, yellow snow.
Zella and I went out for a walk today after storehouses of snow dropped 7 inches.  The sun was shining and the air literally sparkled with snow dust being blown off trees.  Zella happily pounced in
drifts of snow and searched for buried treasure.  She looked like Zella Claus with a white beard.
 I had checked the weather site for Greer before we left and it said current temperature was 14 degrees but it felt like 2 degrees.  I'm sure there is a math formula to calculate the effect of the wind, but do they back up their data with experiment?  Just wondering if people have actually gone out in the buff and confirmed that the temperature really feels like 2 degrees instead of 14 when a little wind is blowing. Has anybody else ever wondered about this?  I'm not going to volunteer to provide proof of their claims, so I'm taking their word for it and layering up.

No comments:

Post a Comment